Whipped Shea Butter, Sugar, and Coffee Scrub
Learn how to make whipped Homemade Whipped Shea Butter, Sugar, and Coffee Scrub with this really simple recipe! The best part is it’s shelf-stable and you can keep on using it for 3 months!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS WHIPPED SCRUB?
Sugar and coffee whipped scrub is basically a mixture of sugar, ground coffee, oils, and shea butter. These three ingredients are all-natural and have wonderful benefits for your skin. The coffee grounds help exfoliate, firm and tighten the skin while reducing cellulite. Coffee also has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce redness and irritation. Sugar has anti-bacterial properties which make it great for removing dead skin cells and treating acne or other blemishes on your face or body. The oils and shea butter moisturize the skin and locks in moisture leaving it smooth and soft. It’s a great way to treat dry skin without having to spend money on expensive treatments or products!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Shea butter: 50g
- Coconut oil: 10g
- Sweet almond oil: 10g
- Table sugar : 20g
- Coffee grounds : 10g
- Fragrance Oil/ Perfume Oil: 2-3g
Before making the scrub, read the tips below!
- Melt both the oils and the shea butter together in a double boiler (In a double boiler, water is placed in a pot that sits on the burner. On top of the pot, a glass or metal bowl holds the wax. The steam from the simmering water warms the wax with indirect heat).
- Let the mixture cool down overnight in the fridge or let it cool for 1 hour in the freezer.
- Once the mixture has chilled and solidified, use a hand beater or a whisk to whip it into a silky whipped texture.
- Add sugar and coffee grounds to the mixture and whip again.
- Add your favorite Scent DNA fragrance oil at the end of the process.
- Store in a clean, air-tight & labeled jar.
💡Always work in a neat and clean place.
💡Use disinfected or clean tools.
💡Sanitize your hands or wear clean gloves.
CAN YOU PUT COLORS/PIGMENTS IN THE WHIPPED SCRUB?
Yes, but only oil soluble colors should be used and should be incorporated at the end of the process
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR WHIPPED SUGAR AND COFFEE SCRUB?
The scrub should be used every day on really dry skin to help the skin renewal process.
HOW TO STORE YOUR WHIPPED HOMEMADE SCRUB?
It should be stored in a clean jar and should be properly labeled. The whipped scrub will be shelf-stable for a maximum of 3 months and should be stored in a cool and dry place.
If you loved this recipe, check out our blog for other recipes!