Make Your Own Scented Whipped Shea Butter At Home
Take a quick look at how easy peasy it is to get silky smooth and soft skin with this homemade shea body butter recipe!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SHEA BODY BUTTER?
Shea butter is a popular ingredient in skin care products. It's rich in vitamins A, E, and fatty acids that help moisturize, soften and protect your skin. It's also a common ingredient in homemade body butters. Its fatty acid content helps heal damaged skin cells and prevent further damage from occurring. Its antioxidants protect against free radical damage that can lead to wrinkles and other signs of aging. The vitamin E found in shea butter acts as an antioxidant to protect your cells from free radicals that can cause damage to DNA or other molecules within cells and has anti-inflammatory properties. Shea butter also contains natural sun protection properties that help prevent sunburns.
Moreover, you can lock in your favorite fragrance on your skin when you apply your scented shea body butter! It’s definitely our favorite all-natural product to get smoother and softer skin!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
Before making the body butter, read the tips below!
- Melt both the oils and the shea butter together in a double boiler (In a double boiler, water is placed in a pot that sits on the burner. On top of the pot, a glass or metal bowl holds the wax. The steam from the simmering water warms the wax with indirect heat).
- Let the mixture cool down overnight in the fridge or let it cool for 1 hour in the freezer.
- Once the mixture has chilled and solidified, use a hand beater or a whisk to whip it into a silky whipped texture.
- Add your favorite Scent DNA fragrance oil at the end of the process.
- Store in a clean, air-tight & labeled jar.
💡Always work in a neat and clean place.
💡Use disinfected or clean tools.
💡Sanitize your hands or wear clean gloves.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR WHIPPED SHEA BODY BUTTER?
The scrub should be used every day on really dry skin to help the skin renewal process and to achieve soft and smooth skin. The best way to use body butter is to apply it after the daily shower or bath preceded by towel drying. Lock in moisture and scent with this amazing body butter you just made!
CAN YOU PUT COLORS/PIGMENTS IN THE WHIPPED BODY BUTTER?
Yes, but only oil soluble colors should be used and should be incorporated at the end of the process.
HOW TO STORE YOUR WHIPPED SHEA BODY BUTTER?
It should be stored in a clean jar and should be properly labeled. The whipped body butter will be shelf-stable for a maximum of 3 months and should be stored in a cool and dry place.
If you loved this recipe, check out our blog for other recipes!